Sri Lanka's #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers


Latest topics

» Money owed for taking no pay leave during employment contract
by bree Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:07 pm

» Will and Inheritance
by pb65 Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:47 pm

» Marriage of Half Blood Brother
by frankanderic Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 pm

» Insider Dealing in the information Age
by Admin Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:06 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lankan Law Forum » Family Law Forum » Judicial separation for a desperate wife

Judicial separation for a desperate wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Judicial separation for a desperate wife on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am


Yes, there is a provision in Civil Procedure Code for judicial separation. According to Section 608(1), application for a separation on any ground on which by the law applicable to Sri Lanka such separation may be granted, may be made by either husband or wife by plaint to the District Court, within the local limits of the jurisdiction of which he or she reside, and the court, on being satisfied on due trial of the truth of the statements made in such plaint, and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree separation accordingly.

If you want you can dissolve your marriage after two years of the judicial separation.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum